So over the last few years I've read the AGS forums, the General Discussion Forum has gotten worse and worse. If it isn't that a thread is updated too often and people were annoyed that it was always on the top of the list or that someone hasn't heard of Google. And finally, well not finally I'm sure it has came up before, but there is now a thread by a mod about such threads. shaaa-link
Now, if you have spoken to me about the forums on stickam/tok box/irc or whtever you would of heard my view of the forums. But for you lucky story virgins I will post my metaphor here:
(in terms of threads)
- General Dicussions - The Shite
- Popular Threads - The Toilet
- Games in Production - The Polishing of Turds
- Completed Games - The Corn
- Competitions and Activites - The Soiled Toilet Paper
- Critic's Lounge - A Collection of Different Poo types
(ignoring the technical, RON and the hints and tips fourms)
Now don't get me wrong, I like the forums, and I like to think I'm a contributor. But this is just my impression of the threads I read today.
There is a time and a place for everything. Hence I'm posting this when it is in disscussion in the forums and in my own blog, not on the forums.