Thursday 2 July 2009

I'm taking over

Well I've always wanted to enter the animation competition at the AGS forums and well I've never seen I've been able to. Either the sprite is a bit too complex to animate, or I'm competing with a full animated short with explosions and and WTF!! written all over the place. It made me think is this competition meant to be an animation competition that will benefit the entree by improving thier animation skills or is it an excuse to to make a new avatar? I would rather the animation competition to be a sort of sprite jam esk, but more object based. So I did what I thought I should do and post int he competition suggestion thread, and well Gilbot kind of handed me the competiton... 

Well so I've done it! I've re-invented the competition. 

LINKY LINKY

What you guys think? I think its a step in the right direction. You have your writing competition, so that you can improve your adventure game plots. You have your BG Blitz to improve your background skills. You have your Sprite Jam to improve your character design and your spriting. You have your Tune contest to learn how to make some awesome adventure musics. And now you have your animation competition to learn how to make some awesome animations for your game. You can't have too many animations :P

I want some interest and some entries guys :D 

1 comment:

Dualnames said...

I totally agree with you, best of ideas there!!