Thursday 24 July 2008

Well Hello there!

Hey, sorry for the lack of posting. I have felt like I have let my one reader down... you!

Basically I have been working and things and haven't got a lot to show for myself "AGS-wise".
Made a couple SHAGs (Stickam Hourly Adventure Game) which you can download from the Stickam thread. You will need to search through it a little :P

So yeah, AGS...
Well I think I have been improving my scripting skills. I still need to work on a few aspects but overall I can produce a game. WQ is on hold at the moment. I have decided to scrap all my puzzles I had planned as they were not challenging. I would of gotten away with it if I made it in the original 3 days or so, but not for a game that I could of been working on for months.

So presently I am thinking should I jsut make a short game. Spend longer on it than an hour but to be made quick and fast. I think I work well under targets and things, just I lack ideas for themes etc. I would rather someone just told me, "IndieBoy! You shall make a game about "

So maybe some suggestions would be nice ;P

Well I will post again... just I need to have something to show really.


Keep Reading :D

3 comments:

Zyargeikunn said...

I do read your blog, you can be the first person to read my AGS blog :-)

I'm looking forward to play the whale game someday, the one single screenshot looks promising.

I have the opposite problem you describe. I got an idea, start making a game, continue working on it for about a week or two, then I have a new idea and I do it all over again without finishing any game at all...

One question that roams my mind, cause I've been reading many comics lately and they seem to have something in common with adventure games: Why are there no superhero adventure games? (Or do I just miss them?) So: IndieBoy! You shall make a game about a superhero!

Ahmet Kamil Keleş said...

Interesting blog you have!

My suggestion is spending a long time for your first game, instead of making a game in a short time (like an hour) just to have made something. First games are important for both your own motivation and other people's impressions.

It is hard to give advices for what the game should be about, just let it be about something that makes you thing nowadays (for example I am using the regret theme for my game).

Good workings in advance!

Anonymous said...

Why not finishing Whale Quest? It looks very promising and a spot on idea for a first project.
And if you need help scripting, don't hesitate to ask.